Friday, May 8, 2009

Manopause?

OK, I'm confused. Is there such a thing?
Here's the deal. We thought it would be a hoot to go out to dinner this evening, since it's something we don't do all that often, as we tend to eat out enough as it is whenever we're on the road.
Also, I'm no Wolfgang Puck, but I can by this point put a decent meal on the table and for the most part it's as good as or better than some of the stuff I've had served to me in restaurants.

(Been looking for an excuse to put this one in here....)

For example:




No sweetbread, thank-you.

And yes, I've had that. And no, I won't be having it again.

Plus, eating at home doesn't cost us three days worth of groceries.

But I digress.

Once in a while it's not a bad idea to repress my "cheap gene" and make dinner reservations. Plus, there's the notion that we go there and come back on the bikes, which makes the whole experience even more delightful.

So....we're sitting in the dining room of Het Witte Paard and at some point I realised, I'm the only one in there that finds it warm. Everyone else seems quite comfortable, yet I'm sweating like a steer*.

What gives?

Half the time in this country I'm freezing my what's it's off, and now I'm sweating?
So there was a motion from the floor that I was suffering from "manopause".

Thanks Dear.


It was by far too cool to sit outside, since it only got up to around 13 today, but it was sure some relief to get cooled off on the bike on the way home.
And that, my friends, would be the other good thing about riding one's bike late into the evening. (plus we have these really cool looking lights)

The other rather unfortunate discovery that I later made was that, the "no coffee after five p.m." rule still applies.

So I fell asleep on the couch, and then proceeded to lie awake in bed.

Bonehead.






*That's a highly technical medical term, by the way, but it turns out further research on the subject reveals that "sweating like a steer" isn't one of the symptoms. So now I'm even more confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.