Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back home again.

It's always a challenge to have much to say when we're back home in Canada. Mostly because even though we're "on vacation", there seems to be enough work around the house to keep me busy.
I probably should have done a small update on Sunday already, but we were still in recovery mode. Plus, we already had a party to go to that afternoon.

The flight was reasonably uneventful. Arriving at one's destination in most any condition is always a good thing when compared to say, ending up in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.

I was supposed to be in the window seat, which I didn't really care to do for an eight hour flight. Turns out some old guy who apparently didn't understand how the seats were numbered took the window seat.

We just left him there.

I must say though, his bladder was certainly in good shape for his age, since he never budged from his spot.
And that my friends, is the reason I'd prefer not to be in the window seat for eight hours.
My initial impression of the plane was that it didn't have the same confidence inspiring look of a 747, which is the plane of choice used by KLM.
After all, we were flying Continental in order to use up some points, but the downside to that is that we needed to then fly in to Newark. I don't mind Newark, but a direct overseas flight is always a better option.

Somehow this rather blurry pic is a good summation of most any overseas flight. It does convey one's condition when cooped up for eight hours. Don't you think?




This time around, my darling significant other looked after the car rental arrangement, with some interesting results.
I'm trying to be nice here, but let's just say that there are certain vehicles that you know you'd never be interested in taking for a test drive, and then your suspicions are confirmed. Somehow I don't think we'll need to be doing any off roading in our rented Jeep Wrangler.
I actually said out loud at one point, "Gee, I think our motorhome handles better than this thing".

We just laughed.

Since the flight that was supposed to bring us from Newark to Toronto was already over an hour behind due to some nasty weather, there was no chance I was going to even consider not taking the vehicle. We just wanted to go home.

By the way, this:...is pretty much the only chance we'll ever have of remembering where we parked the Audi at Schiphol. We did the long term parking thing. Pretty sure we'll think carefully before doing that again. Or at least it won't be such a completely new experience if we do. What a sea of cars! Holy cr*p! I'm thinking it was a good ten minute walk to get to the shuttle bus, and there are no signs to even tell you if you're heading in the right direction. To make matters just slightly worse, we kept spotting open parking spots that were closer.

So today it's off to the dentist, and I hate to say it, but I'm almost looking forward to getting my teeth cleaned.

Almost.

Then I have to see if I can finish getting our sprinkler system sorted out. I've had to replace a couple valves, and then discovered that my 24 volt transformer is pooched.

So I'll need to nip over to Home Despot to see if I can come up with a 24 volt transformer.
Not sure if that component is sold by itself.

Of course, back in the spring when I was doing a purge, I'm pretty sure I threw out a perfectly servicable 24 volt transformer.

But why would anyone keep such a thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.