Friday, November 20, 2009

The Executive Plan...Tuesday November 17,2009

 I'd hate to see how the plebs get treated, but we have to remind ourselves that we are in fact living in Vienna. I mean, really.
Just because the kitchen is no bigger than what I had as a poor student in 1979, and bears no resemblance to the wonderful drawing that we were shown.


But we're living in Vienna.


I just have to be like Dorothy, but instead of repeating “There's no place like home.”, I have to simply say, “we're living in Vienna”.....


Over and over.


I'm writing this using the texting/saving/copying/then later pasting into Blogger program, so I'm not even sure when I'll post this, but I figured there was not much else to do, so here I am.
The kitchen boys have packed up and left, and the “plumbers” have come in. Why there are three of them I have no idea, but Curly Larry and Moe come to mind.
So after several minutes of consultation, they've once again left, since they have to go over to a hardware store here in the neighbourhood somewhere and pick up a couple bits.
Now, I hate to split hairs here, but any time I've hooked up a dishwasher or even a kitchen sink, I always made damned sure I had all the bits and pieces I thought I might need, along with a few extras just in case. Mind you, one does tend to end up with a few extra bits over time, but the time saved not having to go shopping makes up for it.


I think I now understand why we have a leaky drain in one of the washrooms. I think I'll just fix it myself. I don't think I can bear to watch the three stooges try and solve that one.


And who knows? Might not even be their deal. I mean, I thought when the blind guy showed up to fix one of the doors, that he was somehow a regular maintenance dude who looked after the building.


Oh no.


Not this guy, he was only the guy who installed all the doors. It then all made perfect sense.
Not only was he missing part of a digit (some sort of sawing accident?) but his glasses were so thick he could barely keep them on his face. Even with the help of the coke-bottle glasses, at one point he was trying to fit a hex key into what I could clearly see was a phillips screw.


I went and got him a screwdriver.


In a nutshell, these are the reason why, 1) We bought a house. And, 2) I don't let any trades people in the door, unless under extreme duress.


But apartment life is different.

As it is I have a little electrical mystery and no light in the “dining” room. I think I know what the problem is, so I'll just figure it out.
I have a meter. I have eyeglasses.
A brain in my head.








We still haven't managed to come up with some sort of a choice for internet. I asked our relocation lady for “some ideas”, and she sent us one choice.
Coulda done that myself.
It also looked pretty pricey at around €40 per month.
Yes Boys and Girls, that's Forty Euros.


We'll keep looking.


Haven't decided if we want phone or not. Probably going to do it, although I'd really sooner just go with either Sitespeed or Skype. Even the free versions are somewhat acceptable, and there are versions one pays for that are just fine.
Of course, have to get internet first. Don't really want to do the TV thing since, there's nothing but crap on, and there's that whole TV tax thing. Don't want to pay it.
I'm sorry, but Homer Simpson needs to sound like Homer Simpson. Not some generic German speaking dubbing guy. And don't get me started about Side-Show Bob. I mean, seriously! Kelsey Grammer is the only voice I want to hear doing that guy.






If all goes according to plan, I may be able to heat up a pot of gruel tomorrow on the new range. Got one of them damned ceramic things again. What's with that? Had one in Puerto Rico, then once again in Delden, and now here we go again. The boiler runs on gas, so it's not like it doesn't exist, but I guess they figure people here are too dim to safely use gas to cook with.


From what I've seen hear abouts on the roads and well, the plumbing brigade, it's probably best to keep them all far away from anything that dangerous.






That's about it I guess.


The Three Stooges are back, only this time they've replaced Curly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.