Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day two in Prague.

Well,  I suppose it's day three if you count getting here Sunday night. 
I probably only have about a half hour of internet time left,  since it's one of those pay as you go situations. 
Even though the Czech Republic is part of the EU,  their economy is still too weak to switch over to the Euro,  so everything is in Korunas.  At least that what I think they're called.  It's just about as confusing as the Danish situation,  since I really never know how much I'm paying.   Our meals usually run around 700 to 800 Korunas,  and I just put 42 litres of diesel in the car,  and it was 1417 CZK.  
 One Canadian dollar is roughly 17.85 CZK.

So where was I going with this? 

Right,  an hour of internet time was CZK 100.


You figure it out.

Did a one hour tour of Prague yesterday.
Pretty cool.
Well,  it was actually pretty damned cold,  since the temp. was somewhere hovering around minus seven which,  in the grand scheme of things isn't all that bad,  unless you're walking around in it for over an hour.
I did lose the feeling in a couple digits. 
The feet were fine this time,  thankfully.

I didn't mind the tour part at all,  especially since we had a tour guide for just the two of us.   This also meant that she didn't have to wave a flag around for everyone to follow...or a big goofy umbrella.
I think I'd be too embarrassed to be part of any such group.
We've wandered around many a European city up to this point with nary a clue as to what was going on.  Reading about things later on the internet helps of course,  and delving into the odd tour book,  but I quite enjoyed getting the first hand info,  even though I'll not remember every little thing.
I just kept reminding myself that,  if it hadn't been so danged cold,  there would have been parts of Prague that would have been mobbed,  so I guess losing the feeling in some of my extremities was worth it in some respects.

Over the next day or so I'll put up a couple pics.

Meanwhile,  blogging time is drawing to a close.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.