Sunday, September 11, 2011

Something to think about.

Without really planning on it,  I started writing this blog on Sept 11, 2008.   It was also one day after they fired up the particle accelerator in Switzerland.   Haven’t heard too much more news about the accelerator,  and we haven’t been sucked into a black hole,  so I guess everything is going OK when it comes to that one type of scary business. 
I don’t know if you can make out the vapour trails in this picture,  but I was upstairs last night (as I am most any night when the weather is nice)  and couldn’t help but notice these planes flying overhead.







Since I’ve been having some issues with blogger if I try and upload pictures from Live Writer,  I’ll have to reload the picture anyway,  which means clicking on it would/should make it big enough.   In theory.
The planes overhead got me thinking of course, of Sept 11th ten years ago,  which was a Monday.   I was working in our kitchen.  The work was that of painting it,  not cooking in it,  when the phone rang,  and it was Travelling Companion,  who was working at the time in Horseheads,  New York.   To start with,  she would never call during the day,  so that was already enough to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.  She told me to put on the TV.  I don’t remember if I did any more work that day.   I especially remember being on Lake Ontario the following night and noting the absolute absence of air traffic overhead,  which brings me right back to the photo above.

Other than that,  there have been a lot of words written about 9-11.   This isn’t the place where you’ll see any more of them.


Try to enjoy your Sunday.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.