Monday, March 5, 2012

Rummaging around.

A couple days have gone by without too much excitement.  That is however,  somewhat the norm I’m afraid. 

Oh,  but wait!

We did go out for a walk Saturday night.  Huh?  Huh?

Right, I guess that’s not much to get overly worked up about.

The only thing that I noticed was that the number of drunks and beggars was slightly more evident.  I suppose that’s since most everyone else happened to either be at home or holed up in a bar or restaurant somewhere.  It’s a question of saturation.

 

This is only to demonstrate that we were in fact out,  and that the time was twenty….something.

IMG_0694

If you have to count on your fingers,  it’s OK.  Sometimes I still do.  Eighteen is easy.  That’s six p.m.  After that I get confused.

I don’t know where today went.   I went out for the usual fast paced shuffle down Mariahilfer like I usually do.  It’s a rare occasion when there’s absolutely nothing going on.   Sure enough, today there was a small camera crew,  and I’m guessing they were doing some sort of “Man on the street” interviews.   If we had TV I’d actually be looking for something on the news,  including me taking their picture.

IMG_0696

Even if language were not an issue,  I have no desire to be interviewed by some smarmy chick from a TV station.

I’m not dumb enough to make it onto something like Jay Leno’s “Jaywalking” reel,  and I’m not up on Austrian current events to give a rat’s hind end.   So that leaves me out.

 

I did manage to find something I had been looking for last week.  Depending on how you look at this, it can be a little scary.

I don’t mean the pictures.  You won’t see anything scary in the pictures.   T.C. wanted me to stash away a few little things she had picked up, (remember the museum last week?) in one of the big totes that we have in the hall closet.  No biggie. 

IMG_0697  

If you’ve never invested in these things, I highly recommend them.  Way better than cardboard boxes.  Everything stays dry and odour free.   And they’re stackable.

Notice anything slightly out of place?

 

Take a closer look:

 

IMG_0698

See the work gloves? 

Hey!  I found them!

To my credit,  I didn’t actually say anything bad out loud,  but how the heck did they get in there?  

See,  that’s the scary part.  I don’t remember putting them there,  and I spent a considerable amount of time last week looking for them.  The reason for the search at this point immaterial,  since I now no longer remember why I needed them. 

I mean,  I KNOW why I have more than one tape measure.  It’s simple, really.  If you’re working in a particular room (or at someone’s house,  say)  and you want to leave your stuff behind,  and go back to the shop?   Well,  you’re going to need a couple extra things.   Extra hammer.  Tape measure.  Maybe some means of cutting stuff?  That kind of thing? 

But if you go around HIDING things from yourself?   I don’t know the answer to that one.   The next question is,  what happens later?  

Like,  in life.

*I’m doomed*.

 

Other than that.  I got nothing. 

 

Except maybe this picture of a dog hanging around outside the bakery.

 

IMG_0688

I think I have to do a series of these.  I have quite a few by now.  Just don’t have any words to go with them is all.   Every time I see a pug I expect to see “Frank” on his dog collar.  It’s an obtuse reference.   He wasn’t talking,  so I guess it wasn’t him.

You either get it,  or you don’t.

 

Keep those sticks on the ice.

 

Thanks for lookin’.

 

 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.