Saturday, May 16, 2015

The big eat.

Just a couple words before I lay my widdle head down.

We had the big gathering tonight,  and it was a swell time.

The food was awesome, if I must say so myself,  but I wasn’t the only one, and it was very nice to be able to sit and chat with all our friends without being drowned out by say,  several dozen patrons of some pub or other.

Not ALL of the food was prepared in our very own kitchen,  as we picked up the meat from a place in Oakville called Boffo’s,  where they stayed open just long enough for me to get there right at closing time to pick up enough meat to feed a small army.

Here’s me hugging the chef/owner Noel.  Hopefully his wife didn’t mind.

IMG_0371

I mean,  I had just hugged Daughter Number Two who works there,  and I didn’t want him to feel left out.  I didn’t hug the rest of the staff, nor his wife.  Didn’t think that would be appropriate.

 

Anyhoodle,  there were 14 of us,  and we managed to all fit in the dining room without having to resort to any sort of “kid’s table”.

 

IMG_0372

IMG_0375

Also kind of hard to get everyone in the same shot.  No matter.

So that’s it.  Everyone had a fabulous time,  and there were no punch ups.  (are you kidding?)

 

Now it’s off to bed.

 

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time was had by all... especially after checking out that sideboard behind the table ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a swell time. We've been missing that kind out west here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of happy folks. You put on a good spread.

    ReplyDelete

Well, I've been getting too many spam comments showing up. Just a drag, so we'll go another route and hope that helps. So, we won't be hearing anything more from Mr. Nony Moose.
I guess I'll just have to do without that Gucci purse.